Our hall is bright and centrally located, making it an attractive place to hold activities like meetings, training sessions, family reunions, birthday or retirement parties, wedding receptions and small to mid-size group meetings. We have a huge park with playground as well.
Hall address: 202 – 29th Ave NE. Calgary
(accessible by multiple bus routes including the #3).
Check our availability calendar here BEFORE sending an inquiry, our hall is very popular and we receive hundreds of requests, if you can please check our calendar for availability it would be greatly appreciated:
Send a Rental Request to our Hall Manager:
Quick Links to:
What is the price and capacity of each hall?
|Mon-Thur||Fri, Sat (end at 12am) & Sun (end at 10pm)||Capacity||Size|
|Upper Hall||$35-50hr (Max $280)**||Morning block: 8am – 1pm, $250 Afternoon Block: 2pm – 12am, $450**Full Day 8am – 12am: $500**
Sunday events must end at 10pm
|Lower Hall||$25/hr (Max $200)**||$30/hr (Max $250)**||50 ppl||1,336|
** additional charge for functions continuing after 10pm, and that include alcohol.
General Hall Information
- The bright and airy Upper Hall has a capacity of 150 people, we have new grey banquet chairs, rectangular banquet tables and folding cocktail tables. The space has a nice large deck, kitchen and bar and access to the park/greenspace. The cozy Lower Hall offers a capacity of 50 people with tables, chairs, coffee urns and access to a kitchen (no stoves).
- A commercial size barbeque is also available for a reasonable price.
- Hall address: 202 – 29th Ave NE. Calgary (accessible by multiple bus routes including the #3).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact for renting the hall?
For all rentals, you can email us or call the hall at (403) 277-8689. Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Email is the best and fastest way to get in touch with us.
What is included in the hall rental?
- Capacity of 150 people
- Handicap accessible
- A full kitchen including a microwave, stove, oven, fridge with freezer and coffee pot.
- Bar area with a large beverage cooler
- Audio Equipment – cordless mic, mixer, speakers ($75)
- 20 Rectangular tables (approximately 6ft x 2ft)
- 5 Cocktail tables
- 150 new grey banquet chairs
- Washrooms: Men’s accessible washroom, Women’s accessible washroom and a Universal washroom with a baby change table
- Projector is available for rent ($50)
Lower Hall: OUR LOWER HALL IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO RENOS – WE HOPE TO BE COMPLETE IN MARCH OF 2020
- Capacity of 50 people
- A kitchen including a microwave, beverage cooler, coffee machine, kettle sink (no oven)
- Smart TV with Bluebtooth Audio Bar (to stream music from any Bluetooth enabled device)
- 6 Rectangular tables (approximately 6ft x 2ft) plus 2 Rectangular (approximately 8 ft x 2 ft) and 50 new grey banquet chairs
- Washrooms: Men’s washroom, Women’s washroom
- Access to the park via a North facing door
- Small meeting space at back of hall
- Projector is available for rent ($50)
When is payment required?
Full payment is required in order to hold your booking.
How can I pay for my rental?
We accept credit card, cheques (30+ days before your event), or cash.
Am I required to put a deposit down?
We do require a deposit which is equal to your rental fee. It is refunded by cheque within 30 days after the event, assuming the guidelines are followed. The cheque will be mailed out to the address you provide on the rental agreement. Damage deposit hold backs will consist of a $50 admin fee and cost $100 per hour for cleaning charges.
What is required to firm up the rental?
You must sign our rental agreement and guidelines, as well as pay the rental fee and deposit.
How do I obtain a key for the hall?
The key can be accessed through a lockbox hanging on the door of the hall. A code will be given to you once payment is made in full.
Can I serve liquor and if so, what do I need to do so?
You can serve alcohol at your own risk. All renters are required to purchase a liquor license through a liquor store ($10-25) and renters will also need Event Liability Insurance or Liquor Liability Insurance, through any insurance provider. This insurance is mandatory and needs to be presented to the Hall Manager in order to proceed with your event. Visit www.palcanada.com for more info.
A Tuxedo Park representative spot check events to see proof of license and hall usage, and ensure proper entry and exit times.
Is the park space available?
Park space is available, however it is a public area so you may need to share it with others.
Do you have a barbeque available?
Yes our barbeque is available for rent at $100+. You must provide your own propane tank (it is the standard size). It takes two to operate the entire BBQ or one tank for half of the BBQ. It can cook up to 65 hamburgers at one time.
Are any services, such as DJ and bartending, provided?
The hall does not provide any additional services at this time. You are welcome to bring your own DJ and bartender.
What are your stipulations regarding music and noise?
All windows and doors must be shut by 10pm to minimize the amount of noise projected into the neighborhood. The music must be terminated by 12am. All events need to end by 1am at the latest.
How late is the hall open?
Music is to be off at 1am. Guests are welcome to stay until 2am, cleanup and must be completed by 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. During the days of Sunday to Thursday music is be off at 11pm and your event is to end at 11pm.
What does the Hall look like?